If you are one of those who always find that the sports bras in your closet are not perfect enough. There must be better ones out there. The one that provides the best supports. The one that makes you feel free when doing sports. And, the one that doesn’t remind you that it is there while you are on the move.
Reebok might have the answer for you.
The Reebok PureMove Bra is a first of its kind product with the brand’s new proprietary Motion Sense Technology. The technology is the result of treating a performance-based fabric with STF (Sheer Thickening Fluid) – a gel-like solution that takes a liquid form when in a still or slow-moving state and contrastingly stiffens and solidifies when moving at higher velocities. This fabric technology adapts and responds accordingly to the body’s shape, velocity of breast tissue, and both type and force of movement. The end result gives wearers a bra that stretches less with high impact movements, while providing the comfort and light support that one would desire during rest and lower intensity activities.
Integral in PureMove’s three-year development process, was Reebok’s work in the lab, testing breast movement and product varations with the University of Delaware. Industry standards for breast biomechanic testing typically included an average of only two to four motion sensors on the chest area to track bounce and support, but Reebok and the University of Delaware utilized 54 unique motion sensors on this area during its rigorous testing process and used this data to ensure every detail was covered and accounted for in PureMove’s development.
The end result is a second-skin like design that creates a barely-there feel. Key performance features of the PureMove Bra in addition to the reactive fabric technology include:
- Breathable Perforations: Perforations in front and back to keep you cool and comfortable, no matter the physical activity.
- Natural Shaping: Molded front panel and free cut edges for a minimalistic, second-skin fit so you can move freely without distractions.
- Minimalist Construction: Comprised of only 7 unique pieces of fabric that mold to the body for a seamless fit.
“Many would assume that the more support a sports bra gives would equate to the more fabric, straps or hooks it’s comprised of. However, by utilizing our Motion Sense Technology, PureMove’s design is quite deliberately the opposite,” says Danielle Witek, Senior Innovation Apparel Designer at Reebok. “The minimalist design of the bra may seem deceiving when you first hold it, but you should not confuse this for lack of support or technology. Every single detail is intentional and directly informed by years of our testing and research.”
It was true when we first got hold of the PureMove Bra. The minimalist construction did worry us at first. Can the sports bra does the job as claimed? The answers will prevail when you put it on and move….
Price: RM199.00 (Price is for reference only. Contact the retailer for quotation)
Available at Reebok stores and Royal Sporting House
Latest from Joseph Seow
- ASICS MALAYSIA GOES LOCAL WITH FIRST-EVER SHOES INSPIRED BY NASI LEMAK
- Discover Teva’s Birthplace at the Grand Canyon
- What you can expect from a Sports Rehab Center?
- Sape, a music instrument of the Kenyah tribe in Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Technogym celebrates the opening of its flagship showroom in Malaysia